Aerial Yoga 101
General Information and pricing on Amy Charnay's aerial yoga classes
Therapeutic Unnata® Aerial Yoga
Aerial yoga uses a silky & soft fabric to support students in various yoga postures. The hammock is low hanging, making it available to partially or fully support the weight of the body. Let gravity assist your postural alignment as you relax into the hammock and allow your muscles to release. This unique style allows you to practice challenging poses such as inversions without strain and provides a deeper understanding of traditional floor poses. Immerse yourself in a complete practice that incorporates the flow of the hammock with the foundations of yoga. The Unnata style of aerial yoga maintains strong yoga roots with a focus on asana, pranayama and meditation.
CLASSES at the Devi Yoga Center
NOT CURRENTLY OFFERING WEEKLY CLASSES.
Special group sessions & private workshops available upon request. Rates vary. Please contact Amy if you are interested in planning a special event. Past workshop topics include: Intro to Aerial Yoga, Aerial Yoga and Aromatherapy, Aerial Yoga and Stress Reduction, Partner Aerial Yoga, Family Aerial Yoga.
By appointment only.
CLICK HERE FOR PRICING & REGISTRATION
Aerial Yoga Etiquette...S'il vous plaît...
- Remove all jewelry as it can snag the soft fabric.
- Avoid wearing strong smelling perfumes, colognes or lotions.
- Please arrive to class at least 5-10 minutes early.
Medical Conditions & Recommendations
- Inform Amy of any medical conditions or injuries, especially glaucoma or blood pressure concerns. You can contact Amy ahead of time or check in before class.
- Come to class well hydrated. A major benefit of yoga is flushing out toxins and water assists in this process.
- Avoid practicing on a full stomach.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Layers are best for temperature regulation & to protect skin that is not used to the fabric (you might like a sleeved shirt over that tank top!).
- Tight fitted clothing is less inclined to bunch up, but wear whatever is most comfortable.
- Avoid clothing with zippers or buttons as these can also catch or snag the fabric.